[svlug] Newbie Question

Naveen Prabhu prabhung at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 24 23:56:02 PST 2003

Hello All,

I am trying to install Mandrake 9.0 on my Laptop that already has Windows
XP. (Want to create a dual boot system) .

However, when the installer tries to run the automatic Disk Partitioning
Utility, I get an error saying "Unable to Create Partition".

Unforutnately thats the only message that I see. Can somebody please help me
get around this problem ? or point me towards some newbie resources where
such issues maybe  documented (FAQs) for instance

Pardon my ignorance, but I am installing linux for the first time.

Thanks in Advance