[svlug] Survey: Secrets of the Linux Developers Elite

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Mon Mar 24 22:08:19 PST 2003

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 05:38:51PM -0800, David N. Welton wrote:
> Marc MERLIN <marc_news at merlins.org> writes:
>
> > If you are interested in participating in this survey
> >
> > From: John Papageorge <john at mediaoverdrive.com>
>
> Check this out:
>
> http://www.mediaoverdrive.com/body_technology.html
>
>         The Media Overdrive Voice System At Work:
>
>         Our system dials the home or business phone number on the
>         recipient list. The sophisticated voice analysis module in our
>         software recognizes the difference between a live human voice
>         and an answering machine or voice mail.
>
>         The system will decide how to proceed after analyzing the two
>         different options:
>
>         Live Human Voice -- The system will silently terminate the
>         call.
>
>         Answering Machine or Voice Mail -- The system will leave your
>         prerecorded message on the unit.

I apologize for forwarding, those people are scum, I didn't read the
post carefully enough before forwarding (too much work, and never any
help in forwarding messages)

Please ignore or boycott them as you find appropriate.

I'm also going to tell IBM what I think of them as soon as I can find a
suitable number and feel free to do the same.
Considering the asshole found better nothing to do than to spam my
cell phone, feel free to call 415-699-6910 and make him listen to cat
/boot/vmlinuz or whatever you feel is appropriate

Marc