[svlug] Survey: Secrets of the Linux Developers Elite

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Mon Mar 24 21:24:33 PST 2003

Just what we don't need. :-(
An automatic system that generates hang-up phone calls.  I stop what I
am doing to answer a ringing phone and the system doesn't want that.
** flame off **

Marc MERLIN <marc_news at merlins.org> writes:

> If you are interested in participating in this survey
>
> From: John Papageorge <john at mediaoverdrive.com>

Check this out:

http://www.mediaoverdrive.com/body_technology.html

        The Media Overdrive Voice System At Work:

        Our system dials the home or business phone number on the
        recipient list. The sophisticated voice analysis module in our
        software recognizes the difference between a live human voice
        and an answering machine or voice mail.

        The system will decide how to proceed after analyzing the two
        different options:

        Live Human Voice -- The system will silently terminate the
        call.

        Answering Machine or Voice Mail -- The system will leave your
        prerecorded message on the unit.