[svlug] Home Networking - I need help

James Colannino email2jamez at covad.net
Mon Mar 24 19:08:23 PST 2003

It would probably be a wireless keyboard and trackball or something of
that nature.  I was originally just going to have a remote, buy why if
you can have a wireless keyboard right?  I figured you get so much more
power with a keyboard, and since it's wireless, it doesn't take up that
much more room.

James

Rick Schultz wrote:
> Of the stuff you've got here, it all looks pretty straightforward.
>
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 03:04:05PM -0800, James Colannino wrote:
>
>>hooked up to one of the inputs on our TV so that anyone could sit down
>>and easily decide to browse the internet or check their mail while not
>>having to get up from the couch.
>

> I think hardware to do this is easy to find.  Is there software?  Or are
> you talking about having a full keyboard/mouse available (in which case
> it's trivial)?
>

>>-a voice mail server for the phone to replace the answering machine,
>>allowing for extensions to be dialed along with the phone number
>

> This might be problematic, unless your house already has a PBX.  Someone
> correct me if this has changed....
>
> -rick

The New Penguin Times: A New Linux Online Magazine
http://www.newpenguintimes.com