[svlug] Survey: Secrets of the Linux Developers Elite

David N. Welton davidw at dedasys.com
Mon Mar 24 17:38:51 PST 2003

Marc MERLIN <marc_news at merlins.org> writes:

> If you are interested in participating in this survey
>
> From: John Papageorge <john at mediaoverdrive.com>

Check this out:

http://www.mediaoverdrive.com/body_technology.html

        The Media Overdrive Voice System At Work:

        Our system dials the home or business phone number on the
        recipient list. The sophisticated voice analysis module in our
        software recognizes the difference between a live human voice
        and an answering machine or voice mail.

        The system will decide how to proceed after analyzing the two
        different options:

        Live Human Voice -- The system will silently terminate the
        call.

        Answering Machine or Voice Mail -- The system will leave your
        prerecorded message on the unit.

        This technique delivers your marketing message as a voice
        record for the recipient to play back later at their
        convenience.

Yuck!

--
David N. Welton