[svlug] Home Networking - I need help

Rick Schultz bloodyvikings at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 24 11:47:09 PST 2003

Of the stuff you've got here, it all looks pretty straightforward.

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 03:04:05PM -0800, James Colannino wrote:
> hooked up to one of the inputs on our TV so that anyone could sit down
> and easily decide to browse the internet or check their mail while not
> having to get up from the couch.

I think hardware to do this is easy to find.  Is there software?  Or are
you talking about having a full keyboard/mouse available (in which case
it's trivial)?

> -a voice mail server for the phone to replace the answering machine,
> allowing for extensions to be dialed along with the phone number

This might be problematic, unless your house already has a PBX.  Someone
correct me if this has changed....

-rick