[svlug] Changing the Keyboard Repeat Rate

Serban Giuroiu gyzmobro at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 15:16:23 PST 2003

I don't know why, but it works now. I must have done
something funny yesterday, but now that I have a
freshly booted machine it works.

--- "Karsten M. Self" <kmself at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> on Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 07:18:46PM -0800, Serban
> Giuroiu (gyzmobro at yahoo.com) wrote:
> > I was wondering how I would go about changing the
> keyboard's repeat
> > rate. I tried 'kbdrate -r 30' out of X to see how
> fast it could go,
> > but even though it says "Typematic Rate set to
> 30.0 cps (delay = 250
> > ms)," I don't notice a difference.
>
> That's the setting.
>
> If you don't see a difference, try going the other
> way -- set the repeat
> and/or delay to slower settings.  Could be you're
> already maxxed out.
>
> Peace.
>
> --
> Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>
> http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
>  What Part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?
>    TWiki:  documentation for the GNU millennium.
>      http://twiki.org/

=====
This message was sent by Serban Giuroiu, also known as The Gyzmo.

E-MAIL: < g y z m o b r o  at  y a h o o  dot  c o m > (no spaces)
GAIM: < g y z m o b r o > (no spaces)

"Code Smarter, Not Harder"