[svlug] non-graphical documentation in man, texinfo, text, html, etc., formats

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue Mar 18 10:46:37 PST 2003

begin David N. Welton quotation of Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 10:41:41AM -0800:

> If you want to be really complete, you can use DocBook for the
> sources.  Because it's such an information-rich format.  Since you
> describe what everything in your document is, not how it should look,
> you can then transform that, via xslt, into a variety of other
> formats.

I'm planning to start using DocBook XML, and am looking for tool
recommendations.  I don't need a WYSIWYG editor, but would be
interested in finding an XML-aware spell checker and a  diff-like
utility that I could use to spot changes from version to version.

--
Don Marti                  Even if we don't get DMCA reform, loudly
http://zgp.org/~dmarti     demanding DMCA reform is going to get the