[svlug] Changing the Keyboard Repeat Rate

Serban Giuroiu gyzmobro at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 19:18:46 PST 2003

I was wondering how I would go about changing the
keyboard's repeat rate. I tried 'kbdrate -r 30'
out of X to see how fast it could go, but even though
it says "Typematic Rate set to 30.0 cps (delay = 250
ms)," I don't notice a difference.

In X, I noticed that with xset you can pick which keys
will have repeating enabled with the '-r' option, but
other than that I couldn't find out how to do it.
Maybe there's an option in GNOME, but I couldn't find
one for KDE in the Control Center.

=====
This message was sent by Serban Giuroiu, also known as The Gyzmo.

E-MAIL: < g y z m o b r o  at  y a h o o  dot  c o m > (no spaces)
GAIM: < g y z m o b r o > (no spaces)

"Code Smarter, Not Harder"