[svlug] Can anyone recommend a good browser for linux based appliance?

Gary Lin glin at employees.org
Fri Mar 14 22:34:58 PST 2003

Hello all,

    For faster development, we are thinking about implementing the UI
for our applicance using the web-technologies, such as
HTML/DHTML/Javascript.  But, of course, I do not want the user to know
the UI is actually running within a browser.  This means, I need to have
the browser running in full-screen mode/without showing any
menu/toolbar.  Also, it would be nice if the browser is light-enough so
that it can be launched very quickly.  I notice Mozilla takes a fair
amount of time to launch on a 900 MHZ appliance machine (around 10-15
sec).  Can anyone recommend a browser?

Thanks a bunch!
--Gary