[svlug] None

Erik Fears strtok at softhome.net
Fri Mar 14 18:16:01 PST 2003

> Hi,
>
> To check memory allocation problems I am using ElectricFence. But when I used gdb the program exited with an error
>
> ElectricFence Exiting: mmap() failed:  Cannot allocate memory
>
> what shld be the problem?
>
> Thnks
>
> Balaji.R

If the system is linux I really suggest getting a hold of valgrind.
It works by creating a virtual machine and then running the process
in the virtual machine. I've found it a lot more useful than electric
fence, espicially since to use it you just run valgrind ./binary,
you don't need to link to any libraries, etc. It will show you
locations of memory overruns, memory leaks, etc

-Erik Fears