[svlug] colocation: advice needed

Mark S Bilk mark at cosmicpenguin.com
Wed Mar 12 03:29:07 PST 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 06:50:19PM -0800, David E. Weekly wrote:
>> Last I checked you could get a quarter rack with a 10 megabit switched
>> uplink for under $300/month.
>
>...with 128kbps as the bandwidth cap...

Rackshack.net will rent a 1.3GHz/512MB Celeron PC with a 60GB disk,
running Red Hat, with a 10Mb/s connection to the Internet and a
400GB/mo. transfer quota, for $99/mo.  You get root, exclusive use
of the machine, can run any software on it you want, etc.

Their top offering is a 2.0GHz/1GB dual Xeon with two 120GB disks,
Red Hat, 10Mb/s Internet and 1000GB/mo. transfer, for $299/mo.

A friend of mine has one of the $99/mo. machines, and is very
happy with it.  He's given me space to put up these two sites.
Please test the functionality of the service by listening to some
of the radio programs and exploring the links:

  http://www.radio4houston.org/911/

  http://www.radio4houston.org/takingaim/