[svlug] Slightly OT - EFF Support

Margaret Wendall mwendall at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 6 15:27:29 PST 2003

A while back the EFF asked us to contact our congress member about
consumers' fair rights. I did, and just got this back from Zoe Lofgren, who
represents me in Washington. It probably wouldn't be appropriate for this
list, except for last night's meeting subject and speaker.
Margaret Wendall
---------------------------

Dear Mrs. Wendall:
You recently contacted me in support of legislation to protect consumers'
fair use rights to enjoy digital copyrighted material. I am writing to
let you know about an important initiative I am about to undertake in this
area.
On March 4, I introduced the B.A.L.A.N.C.E. Act of 2003 (H.R. 1066). You
can view a summary of my bill and a list of supporters on my website at
http://www.house.gov/lofgren/congress/digital_rights.htm
Thank you again for your support.
Sincerely,
Zoe Lofgren