[svlug] linux based 3d modeling construction software

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sat Mar 1 12:02:59 PST 2003

begin Erik Fears quotation of Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 11:42:58AM -0800:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 03:29:22PM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> > begin Gordon Vrololjak quotation of Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 03:03:14PM -0800:
> >
> > > I work at a lab where we generate a lot of 2d scientific images of cool
> > > interesting things that would look really interesting if we could combine
> > > the data to generate a 3d model.  Does anyone know of anything available
> > > for linux that would assist us in moving 2d picture series of objects into
> > > building a 3d model that we could view, rotate, zoom, etc in linux?
> >
> > Dan Kaminsky used OpenQVis for a presentation at CodeCon.  Very fast.
> > http://openqvis.sourceforge.net/
>
> You read my mind! I was also at codecon. I didn't know if this
> would be appropriate though because it looked likt OpenQVis was
> limited to statistical graphing.

The OpenQVis page has examples of other kinds of 3D imagery,
including medical images of the insides of people's heads.

--
Don Marti                  Even if we don't get DMCA reform, loudly
http://zgp.org/~dmarti     demanding DMCA reform is going to get the