[svlug] Trademark violation?

David E. Fox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Sat Mar 1 09:44:11 PST 2003

> It's not much different then me telling you to sell your computer and buy
> an abacus. Its tactless, but its still kindof, legal. well. sortof.

As in "why look for linux software, now ditch linux, and get Windows
and Visual Studio".

That's how I interpret it. It's pretty sneaky.

What's interesting is MS seemingly trademarks a nonstandard services
port (Microsoft Windows terminal services port 3389) in their
requirements section. One can almost see the registered trademarks and
TMs popping out aver every word. Is port 13 the Microsoft Windows Time
Service (tm) now too?