[svlug] What is /dev/shmfs and how does it relate to API's?

GOMEZ,FERNANDO (HP-Cupertino,ex1) fernando.gomez at hp.com
Thu Jul 31 12:30:23 PDT 2003

Hi guys,

My name is Fernando Gómez, Technical Consultant at the Telecom Division of
HP in Cupertino. I am trying to find information about what "/dev/shmfs" is.
All I find is incomplete and doesn't provide a clear answer to "what the
heck is that". My division develops an SS7 product that currently works on
top of RH 7.3 (and soon on top of RHAS 2.1 or 3.0). We got the question
below. I am having a hard time to understand what /dev/shmfs is and how it
relates to an independent API.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Best regards,

Fernando.