[svlug] ssh connection reset by peer

Benjamin Coles sj7trunks at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 29 04:57:29 PDT 2003

For me, I usually have no problems, however when I port forward my squid
connection to my work and Xconnections and as well as my irc screen on
putty it used to die, theres a nifty keep alive feature where you can
set it. Currently I have it set to 20 seconds and it hasn't died due to
timeouts anymore. My works firewall still sucks because it drops
connections based on QoS and it's marked at the lowest priority on the
firewall. Kinda funny my QoS at home has ssh set to the highest priority
so if I download something big or my upload is at full I won't get
kicked off. Hope this helps!

Benjamin Coles