[svlug] ssh connection reset by peer

Bryan K. Watson bwatson at nettracers.com
Tue Jul 29 00:01:28 PDT 2003

I get around this when I use SSH for ports forwarding by doing this from
the ssh connection once I login to the host...so this is on the ssh
server side of the connection:

 ping -i 10 localhost

..just to generate traffic on that channel and keep it alive.  I use IP
tables as well as nat with a trusted internal ethernet...similar setup.
When I am in remote using SSH and doing the ping thing, I can stay
connected all day with no disconnect.  I had the same problem as you did
before doing this.

Hope this helps as a workaround.

- Bryan K. Watson
- bwatson at netTracers.com