[svlug] Cross-platform GUIs

Reg. Charney charney at charneyday.com
Tue Jul 22 21:06:31 PDT 2003

We are successfully using Python and Qt to develop GUI applications.
Other than the initial load time, the speed is blindingly fast, the
widgets robust and range of widgets are terrific. For commercial use,
you need a paid license for Qt, but for personal use, there is no cost
for Qt. There is also excellent documentation from Trolltech and the
book, GUI Programming with Python Using the Qt Toolkit, ISBN
0-9700330-4-4, that is also available online from
www.opendocspublishing.com.

Reg.