[svlug] Cross-platform GUIs

John Mark Walker johnmark at johnmark.org
Tue Jul 22 16:45:33 PDT 2003

Ok, I'm a little late to this party, but has anyone mentioned XPCOM + XUL?
ie. the cool stuff from the bloatware project formerly known as Mozilla. I
don't think you can get more cross-platform than that, and it's completely
free. (My apologies if this has already been mentioned)

I believe you can create stand-alone XPCOM libs to distribute with an app
in case the user doesn't have Mozilla - or if they have *nix and their
Mozilla libs aren't in a useful location <insert rant on shared libs
here>.

The main problem for developers is documentation, but that might be fixed
soon if I can find an author to write about it ;)

I've never used it, but I've been looking for a test project as an excuse
to learn.

-JM

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Henry Jen wrote:

> [...]

Order your San Jose Earthquakes 5 or 10-game mini plan today!
http://quakes.johnmark.org/