[svlug] 137GB HD limit?

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Tue Jul 22 01:53:15 PDT 2003

   Is there a 137GB HD limit in linux kernel? It looks like I can only
access about that much of 250GB SATA (Serial ATA drive).

   googled & searched lkml but found nothing conclusive, there are some
emails about problems with 137+ GB HDs. Anybody knows what's going on?

   BTW this is on debian unstable with 2.4.21-ac4 kernel (that's the one
that has SATA driver), MB is intel D865PERL, Maxtor SATA HD (250GTB).

   YABTW I checked the drive under windows and it seems to be working
correctly (after I got SP1 for windows XP which has support for 137+ GB
drives)

   TIA

	erik