[svlug] OpenGroupWare production quality or not ...

Tim Flagg timf at linuxmigration.com
Fri Jul 18 10:36:52 PDT 2003

>I recently proposed replacing Exchange with OpebGroupWare so that the
>large number of UNIX users could do calendaring more easily, and was
>told that it was not production quality.
>
>What do people here think?

Here is an article that discusses an attempted installation and
configuration of OpenGroupWare:

    http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/07/14/1513220&mode=thread&tid=11

Also, depending on the requirements, there are various other Exchange
alternatives in addition to OpenGroupWare and Domino:

    * Bynari
        http://www.bynari.net

    * SuSE Linux Openexchange Server
        http://www.suse.de/en/business/products/suse_business/openexchange/description.html

    * Stalker:
        http://www.stalker.com

    * exchange4linux:
       http://www.billworkgroup.org/billworkgroup/home

    * FirstClass
        http://www.centrinity.com/

    * Exchange on Linux
        http://www.samsungcontact.com/en/product/?si=2182bf56761315b28cdefc8653f5eeac
    * MailSite
        http://www.rockliffe.com/

    * EasyGate
        http://www.easygate.net/EasyGate/Home

And there is an article in the April 2003 edition of Linux Magazine
reviewing Linux alternatives to Microsoft Exchange.  You can download
it from:
    http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/29

Tim