[svlug] aol is being worse about taking mail

Rafael Skodlar raffi at linwin.com
Sun Jul 13 21:38:45 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 02:46:01PM -0700, K. Ari Krupnikov wrote:
> Rafael Skodlar <raffi at linwin.com> writes:
>
> > Sorry if this offends you but it's very good for AOL and the rest of
> > us that they too that measure IMO. I wish they would share their
> > list of blocked dial-ups etc. with the rest of us to cut the spam
> > down.
>
> So now that you know George is on a dynamic IP will you block his
> posts?

My policies are not the same as AOLs. The issue was not about my domain
or DSL or my server blocking his soft IP based machine.

> > If your connection uses dynamic IP then use your ISP to handle email
> > for you, no need for direct delivery from your PC.
>
> So the only thing George needs to do to be a good citizen is pay for
> a static IP? Then you would stop suspecting him of spamming?

Your words and logic not mine. When it comes to email it's "you are
guilty until proven otherwise". My machine will reject direct email from
AOL  in most cases unless the user is on a white list.

To be "a good citizen" he needs to pay taxes I was told.

--
Rafael