[svlug] aol is being worse about taking mail

Mark C. Langston mark at bitshift.org
Sun Jul 13 20:28:09 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 06:51:51PM -0700, Rafael Skodlar wrote:

> That's absurd so don't twist my words since I do not accept email from
> either one in general. I was saying that somebody with enough power
> finaly decided to have it enough with clueless people sending email from
> so called servers on fast (?) conections to the Internet. Remember that
> average machine is based on more or less legal copy of Wxxx and prone to
> hijacking for use in relaying spam.

I'm going to assume you said the above in ignorance of the fact that
MUAs (that's mail client to Joe Sixpack) can connect directly to the
destination MX for delivery, without needing a server running on the
mail client's system, or any intervening server.

If you were in fact aware of this, I can only assume you're muckraking.

--
Mark C. Langston                                    Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark at bitshift.org                                       mark at seti.org