[svlug] aol is being worse about taking mail

Mark C. Langston mark at bitshift.org
Sun Jul 13 16:17:14 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 11:52:37AM -0700, Rafael Skodlar wrote:

> If your connection uses dynamic IP then use your ISP to handle email
> for you, no need for direct delivery from your PC.

I'll consider doing so when "my ISP" learns how to run a stable
MX, capable of handling current and projected future load without
outages.

I'll consider doing so when "my ISP" realizes that nonresponsiveness
to spam issues hurts their customers, in part by causing mail delivery
issues.

I'll consider doing so when "my ISP" no longer insists on molesting
the headers placed in the original email, by adding advertisements
for its services.

I'll consider doing so when "my ISP" no longer insists that my From:
line contain their domain name.

I agree wholeheartedly with Don's Eugene V. Debs quote, and stance.

--
Mark C. Langston                                    Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark at bitshift.org                                       mark at seti.org