[svlug] aol is being worse about taking mail

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sun Jul 13 12:57:15 PDT 2003

begin Rafael Skodlar quotation of Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 11:52:37AM -0700:

> Finaly somebody with enough power on the
> Internet stopped accepting mail from "servers" that have no business of
> sending email if we want to keep spam at a reasonable level of

OK, small businesses and independent mailing lists, you heard
the man.  Give up.  The Internet is only for AOL and MSN now.

http://www.politechbot.com/p-04943.html

End-to-end is over, SMTP is for plutocrats only.

If anything takes away freedom of speech on the Internet, it will be
shortsighted spam fighting.

Eugene Debs once said, "As long as there is a lower class I am in
it, as long as there is a criminal element I am of it, as long as
there is a soul in prison I am not free."  As long as there is a
spam blacklist anywhere, 198.144.202.250 should be on it.  That is
my mail server.   It has never sent spam, but if you want to block
out all the riff-raff, here I am.  Block me first.

dmarti at zgp.org           http://www.PetitionOnline.com/eldred/petition.html
KG6INA