[svlug] Summer Fun

Karl Larsen k5di at msn.com
Fri Jul 11 17:49:07 PDT 2003

	Here in NM we have some wild country in the Gila National
forest. Inside this are the Gila Wilderness Area and another named after
Aldo Leapold which are entered now by walking. I camp next to the Gila
Wilderness and get fresh water from Little Turkey Creek. Elevation is
8,000 feet so it stays cool.

	I will have my old IBM laptop with Red Hat 7.1 loaded. Never got
X windows to work so using it without. It runs fine from solar power 12
volts and when I get done hiking and fishing, I will play with the
computer. I plan to learn to like Emacs. But I loaded 'joe' which being
old (70) I like Word Star...

	The New C Primer Plus will come along and I will play with both
gcc and g++ and try to learn more about programing while working under a
gas light in an old Airstream trailer.

	If anyone is good at getting X to work on a IBM 365XD I have the
cd's and plenty of scotch whiskey. Come to Willow Creek Camp and I'm
camped where you can see me.