[svlug] 2 part Linux question

Bryan K. Watson bwatson at nettracers.com
Thu Jul 10 09:31:03 PDT 2003

Don't flame me for not suggesting a linux tool, but I use a little
utility that runs from a DOS boot disk called GDISK from
Norton/Symantec.  A free tool, it does various levels of wiping
including DOD style mutipass multipattern wiping.  It does not care what
kind of partitions or formats exist.  It does take a number of hours to
do its thing especially in DOD mode.

And yes I know that there still is a possibility (although not practical
and completely reliable) of recovering what was there using advanced
computer forensic techniques.

-Bryan

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 23:36, Marc Maxwell wrote:
> Hello Linux Gurus and Penguinoids,
> I am definitely not hung up on dd; if there is another
> better utility please let me know, 3rd parties welcome
> if they are good.
- Bryan K. Watson   -   InfoSec Consultant   -   netTracers
- bwatson at netTracers.com - www.nettracers.com - 1(877)HACK-NOW