[svlug] 2 part Linux question

Ira Weiny iweiny at acm.org
Thu Jul 10 09:13:45 PDT 2003

I understand the security aspects but what if we have some drives which were
duplicated using a drive duplicator and we think the drive duplicator is not
working correctly?

But we believe the drives are working.  We want to completely erase the drive
and then reformat to use it again.  We are not concerned with porn storage as
there was basically just a base Red Hat install, installed from the duplicator?

I have used dd before and it was painfully slow.  Does anyone have any tips for
making it faster?

Just my 0.02,
Ira