[svlug] Software Development Metrics

Akbar Ahmed akbar_svlug at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 00:41:16 PDT 2003

Hi,

I've been reading up on software development metrics.
Basically, how to measure the performance of a
development team. However, there are numerous ideas
that are written about and am not sure where exactly
to start. I'd mainly like to focus on gathering data
on implementation times combined with defect rates.

What metrics are most important and how are they best
implemented?

I am working in a small group of about 15 developers,
so we have somewhat limited resources for information
gathering.

Thanks,
Akbar