[svlug] i need a good cheap linux friendly dial-up provider

HvR hvrietsc at myrealbox.com
Mon Jul 7 15:42:52 PDT 2003

 On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 02:14, William Black wrote:

> Had good luck with http://access4less.net.  $5.95/mo,
> <$10 setup, and some Linux support (frankly, I've not
> needed to contact support, which is a paid call, but
> they have some pages set up).  Used it with Linux (on
> my laptop), the Playstation 2, and under Windows
> without issue.
>
> --bj
>
> =====
> B.J. Black <wjblack at yahoo.com>
>
> Penguin Nation:  Stuffed Penguins, Surreal Situations
> http://penguinnation.org

I signed up online for https://www.access-4-free.com/ 10 minutes later i
was up and running on my daughters windows laptop, and 10 minutes later
i was up and running on my linux laptop. $5 to sign up, 1st 10hrs/month
free, extra hr $1, for max of $10 per months (unlimited), sessions
limited to 5 hrs each (1 min between new sessions). Just what i needed
as a backup to my high speed internet... they seem to have lots of
nation wide dial up numbers.

Thanks to everyone for the pointers i got on my quest.