[svlug] local supplier for infrared ICs ?

Drew Bertola drew at drewb.com
Tue Jul 1 15:56:24 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 14:14, Rick Schultz wrote:
> I'm looking to build a serial port IR receiver (like the one at
> http://www.lirc.org/receivers.html).  I found all the parts at HSC
> except the actual receiver chip.
>
> Does anyone know of a shop around here that sells something suitable?

Save yourself time and money.  Buy the one from the guy in Germany.  I
got one from him for ~ $17.00 and it works great and you can specify a
custom length.  PayPal was the only nuisance, but shipping was
relatively quick and everything was pnp.

If you want, I'll sell you mine for $25.00. :)

--
Drew