[svlug] Re: Re: booting reiserfs rescue

George Georgalis georgw at galis.org
Fri Jan 31 18:29:47 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 10:08:44PM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
>On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:40:25 -0500
>George Georgalis <georgw at galis.org> wrote:
>
>> Using dd like you say sounds like a lot of trouble. I think it would
>> be easier to make floppies with rsync ssh reiser kernel etc.
>
>Use the LNX BBC.  Then, once booted and your partitions made:
>
>  # cd /target ; ssh copy_host " { cd /saved/dir ; tar tar zc . } " | tar xxf -
>
>Voila!
>
>> Haven't seen that one before. Looks like it has a floppy section
>> too.
>
>If you have a CD drive, or can arrange for a network boot, then there's
>no need for floppies.

Well that command is exactly what I want to run (would want rsync in
some cases too) but the machines don't have cdrom drives so I'm looking
for the way to do that (and fdisk, mkreiserfs and bring up networking)
from one (network boot) or two floppies (rescue/root on disk).

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 347-451-8229
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george at galis.org
Multimedia, DB, DNS and Metrics.       http://www.galis.org/george