[svlug] g++ 2.95 -> 3.1

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Fri Jan 31 15:39:22 PST 2003

I'm trying to compile some of the C++ code I wrote for gcc 2.95 on gcc
3.1.

I'm running in all sorts of problems mainly related to STL.

Is there any tutorial/reference/essay to point out the differences?

More strictness of the compiler is welcome but I'm running into all
sorts of weiredness on code that was perfectly running with gcc 2.95.

And actually I try to write code that adhere to standard at the best of
my knowledge, my expectations were I would have less problems with 3.X,
since less things missing in STL.

Would you please suggest me a C++ mailing list that focus on Linux
development?

TIA

--
Salve