[svlug] Default gateway

Chris Gippert chrisg at intekom.co.za
Fri Jan 31 08:08:53 PST 2003

Hello all

Can some one please help me with setting up a default gateway? I am
running RH7.2.
I have a small network of Macintosh computers. I would like to set up
the Linux box as the gateway to the internet.
The connection is a dial up using an internal modem. At this point the
dial up works fine. I also have a great tutorial explaining iptables, ip
forwarding and nat. My question is how to define my dial up connection
as the default gateway using ifconfig. Another question is: Does bind
have anything to do with this? DNS is going to be set-up so that various
intranet sites can be accessed.
Many thanks

regards
Chris