[svlug] SNMP development

GOMEZ,FERNANDO (HP-Cupertino,ex1) fernando.gomez at hp.com
Wed Jan 29 11:10:47 PST 2003

Hi guys,

Does any of you know where to get information about the development of
applications using SNMP for Linux RedHat 7.3? I am interested in the next
topics,

1- How SNMP is implemented in Linux, especially in Linux RedHat 7.3.

2- The library that is needed for an application to be able to generate SNMP
traps, especially in the case of Linux RedHat 7.3.

3- A documents describing the usage of the library/API of point 2-.

I have been doing some research myself in the RedHat website but I didn't
find a page with the whole thing. Actually what I found was confusing.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Best regards,

Fernando.