[svlug] fun chat with linux enthusiast at local merchant

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Sat Jan 25 21:35:36 PST 2003

I had a fun surprise this evening when I got a sandwich at the new
Quizno's Subs that opened recently in my neighborhood.  When the
manager was ringing up my order, he saw Linux on my T-shirt and asked
if I'm into Linux.   Of course, I said I am.

It turns out he's really an engineer, and has taken an interest in Linux.
He's studying for his RHCE while the economy is down.  He was happy to
meet someone who's interested in Linux.  So of course, I told him about
SVLUG and he wrote down the URL.  He was so happy to get this info -
he's just taking it all in.  It was fun to talk with him.  I thought I'd
pass along the word...  If you're nearby, you might also have fun chatting
with him (and the sandwiches are good too.)  I'd be surprised if we didn't
see him at the next SVLUG meeting.  His name is Atul and he's the manager
at the Quizno's at Hostetter and Frost (across from 2Wire) in San Jose,
about 3/4 mile SW of I-680.