[svlug] Porting Makefile to Linux

Vinarsky, Boris Boris_Vinarsky at maxtor.com
Sat Jan 25 17:07:26 PST 2003

Hello,

I need to port a Makefile from Solaris to Linux. This Makefile is not a
usual compile and link routine. It describes a design flow, with which I am
not too familiar. Instead if analyzing what the Makefile does and rewriting
it in Linux I would prefer to take more formal approach.

While reading GNU Make I noticed that even Makefile syntax is somewhat
different on both platforms, sometimes even the same symbols have different
meaning.

Does anybody know a comparison chart with GNU and Solaris Makefile features,
or some kind of Solaris -> Linux Makefile porting manual?

Thank you,

Boris