[svlug] AGP monitor on PCI slot?

Sanatan Rai sanat at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 23 20:55:22 PST 2003

Hi,
	I recently did something rather stupid, namely buying an old 20"
monitor on eBay that requires an AGP card. As it happens, my box doesn't
have an AGP slot, so now I am wondering if these monitors can work at all
with some kind of high end PCI-graphics card? Or is this completely
impossible?

Specs:

Sony model GDM-1962B

28 Sony Grill dpi (equivalent to .25 in normal monitors)
HSCAN: 61-75 Khz
VSCAN: 60-85 Hz

1280x1024 at 70 Hz
1024x768 at 85 Hz (adjusted for this mode);
800x600
640x480

Any ideas? Or have been as foolish as I think I have been?

Thanks!

--Sanatan

Sanatan Rai,                      | E.-mail: sanat at stanford.edu
Dept. of Management Sc. & Engg.   | Home: 100 N. Whisman Road 4316,
Stanford University,              |       Mountain View, Ca 94043.
Stanford, Ca 94305.               | 'phone: (650) 964 0220 (R)
EMail: sanat at stanford.edu                   (650) 736 2109 (O)