[svlug] bash/readline - case insensitive history search

N. Thomas nthomas at cise.ufl.edu
Tue Jan 21 20:27:26 PST 2003

(This is a readline question, but I guess it applies to bash as well. (I
use zsh -- "All Praise Be To The Shell."))

What readline variable do I set to make reverse-search-history (C-r)
case insensitive?

If I type these commands:

    $ foo
    $ FOO

and then the string '<C-r>fo', the FOO gets overlooked.

Z shell does the right thing, but Postgres uses readline, and when
expanding SQL statements into upper case (i.e. "SELECT * from foo"), I
can't search for 'select', I must type 'SELECT'. Feh!

thomas

--
N. Thomas
nthomas at cise.ufl.edu