[svlug] window manager

Sanatan Rai sanat at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 21 11:53:16 PST 2003

: In RH 7.2, KDE, I clicked on the window manger control panel and
: selected something called FVWM2.
: Just to see what it would look like. The window manager said I should
: restart the xserver for it to take effect.
: I did this by logging out then typing startx. Nothing happens. X does
: not start. I know that somewhere in that mysterious maze of arcane
: terminology a.k.a the command line there must be a way to bring KDE
: back. Can someone please help me?
:

	Do

	switchdesk kde

that should work.

--Sanatan
Sanatan Rai,                      | E.-mail: sanat at stanford.edu
Dept. of Management Sc. & Engg.   | Home: 100 N. Whisman Road 4316,
Stanford University,              |       Mountain View, Ca 94043.
Stanford, Ca 94305.               | 'phone: (650) 964 0220 (R)
EMail: sanat at stanford.edu                   (650) 736 2109 (O)