[svlug] Rules -> was postfix

Mark C. Langston mark at bitshift.org
Fri Jan 17 11:12:21 PST 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 10:57:51AM -0800, James Leone wrote:

> >If you doubt me, feel free to make a presentation at SVLUG using
> >Powerpoint with lots of cutesy animations, sounds, and unnecessary
> >graphics.  It may well be comprehensible, but your audience is going
> >to ignore you (those that don't actively chase you out of the room).
> >Did you succeed in being "reasonably understandable"?  No, because
> >you ignored the boundaries within which your audience is both able
> >and--just as importantly--willing to receive your information.
> >

> I didn't understand that

You didn't understand the rest of the text, either, since you once
again emailed me directly and cc'd the list.

Let me be plain:  Insist on communicating in a way people tell you
not to, and they'll ignore you.

Like I'm about to do.

--
Mark C. Langston                                    Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark at bitshift.org                                       mark at seti.org