[svlug] Rules -> was postfix

James Leone linuxcpa at netscape.net
Fri Jan 17 10:22:13 PST 2003

Wayne Earl wrote:

>You're kidding, right?

Yes, how did you guess? :-D

This is the way I see things:

There should only be one rule, common sense.

If the headers are off, or the use of English sucks, it doesn't matter
to me, especially if what is said is reasonably understandable.

One of the rules say:

"Read both mailing lists and newsgroups for one two two months before
you post anything."

That isn't very practical in my eyes.

On the Request for Comment, I will oblige:

Email is an efficient way to communicate, however these rules hamper
efficiency, while trying to fix little annoyances.

Its kind of like trying to reduce traffic by blocking off all of the
side streets and putting center dividers everywhere.
All the cars are on the same street and it amounts to a lot of traffic.

James Leone

P.S. If an issue comes up MANY times, then maybe MANY people think that
there a change should be made.