[svlug] Rules -> was postfix

Walter Reed wreed at hubinternet.com
Fri Jan 17 04:30:17 PST 2003

This one time, at band camp, James Leone said:
> For a LUG, there seems to be a lot of talk of policy here. I am just
> recognizing this....not pointing fingers...YET... :-D
> Anyway, I am not advocating an abandonment of policy in general, but I
> think as times or people change, maybe the policy should be looked at.

<snip>

I guess that many of the people on here care about the quality and
professional atmosphere of this list. You have a fairly large number of
"old-timers" on here that remember all to well what happened to Usenet
when the AOL users invaded (basically bringing on the long slow
spiraling death)

If you haven't already, I suggest reading RFC 1855. I would also
recommend reading the svlug archives as this has already been discussed
MANY times.