[svlug] More problems

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Thu Jan 16 12:25:07 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 11:39:24AM -0800, Florin Andrei wrote:

> On the exact same type of MSI nForce1 mobo i installed Win2K for someone
> else, and it works very well. Probably Win2K gets the IRQs right, but i
> didn't verify.

There are many instances of hardware bugs showing up on Linux and not
manifesting while running a M$ os. This M$ feature often is a result of the
relative timing of hardware events at run-time. Linux generally runs much
faster and therefore finds bugs that M$ products never notice. Is that a
feature?

This particular case may not be related to my general observations. But you
might consider the solution you discovered involving interrupts. Does that
change the relative timing of critical hardware events? It likely does.

cheers,
Karen
--
 Karen Shaeffer