[svlug] More problems

Florin Andrei florin at sgi.com
Thu Jan 16 11:57:23 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 11:39, Florin Andrei wrote:

> - the memory bandwidth is amazing, provided that you have exactly 2 DDRs
> installed, not 1 or 3 (basically, they double the bandwidth in this case
> via a hardware trick); i'd like to see some benchmarks with some
> bandwidth-intensive apps run on these things

Correction: it's the whole northbridge that has a high internal
bandwidth. Using exactly 2 DDRs merely takes advantage of that (the
memory-to-chipset bus is double-width in that case).
Sorry for the confusion.

--
Florin Andrei

"I'm only arguing against stupid people who think they need a revolution
to improve - most real improvements are evolutionary." - Linus Torvalds