[svlug] StarOffice Filter for Visio files?

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 15 15:47:33 PST 2003

on Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 02:49:18PM -0800, James Leone (linuxcpa at netscape.net) wrote:

Please use postfix quoting format:  your reply goes below the material
cited.  Trim your quotes appropriately and ensure your attributions are
accurate.

Thank you.

> Ixanian Craig Nichols wrote:
>
> >Greg Herlein wrote:
> >
> >>Anyone know a way to get visio files into some app in
> >>linux?  Google's not helping me find much, so I'm hoping someone
> >>has a trick.

> >Not exactly, no. The only options I've found so far (in a very little bit
> >of looking) are:
> >
> >   - Open the file in Visio and save it to a different format. Visio groks
> >     several portable formats, such as eps, ps, vml, dwg/dxf (AutoCAD),
> >     jpg, gif, tif, png, bmp, and html.

> Just a 'shot in the dark' / 'hail Mary' type thing...
>
> There is a program called Dia that appears to me to be similar to Visio.
>
> Look it up, you might get lucky!

Verify your information before spready useless data.

Dia is a Visio runalike.  It does not handle Visio files.  There are
common exchange formats, but these must be generated from Viso or a
Visio-compatible tool.

Peace.