[svlug] Linux enters the new device market

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue Jan 14 14:27:11 PST 2003

begin Karl F. Larsen quotation of Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 02:51:01PM -0700:

> 	Sony and Panasonic have teamed up and are right now writing a
> new compact Linux using the existing kernel and some software. They
> expect to have version 0.0.1 done in mid 2003.

I thought Sony was using MontaVista's distribution:
http://www.mvista.com/cee/ce_devices.html

--
Don Marti                  Even if we don't get DMCA reform, loudly
http://zgp.org/~dmarti     demanding DMCA reform is going to get the