[svlug] "Mysterious" network activity(?)

Brian P. Bilbrey bilbrey at orbdesigns.com
Tue Jan 14 10:54:56 PST 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 13:19, Joel Seidman wrote:
> Thanks Brian. Sounds like a good bet, and the timing is about right. I
> thought I had to initiate up2date by clicking the screen icon. But it
> sometimes flashes and sometimes not, so maybe that has to do with
> whether it has network connectivity.
>
> It seems that would take place regardless of whether I log in or not.
> Or does rhnsd only run when a user is logged in? (As you may guess, I'm
> not at that computer right now or I could easily test.)

I do wonder WHY I didn't reply onlist previously. Ah, rushed, that's
why. So sorry.

rhnsd is a daemon, running full time independent of the monitoring user
tool that sits in the docking area/systray when you're logged in gui.

Take it easy,

.brian

--
Brian Bilbrey && bilbrey at orbdesigns.com && http://www.orbdesigns.com/
	The guy has a reality distortion field generator