[svlug] Doubts in file system.

Akbar Ahmed akbar_svlug at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 13 21:12:38 PST 2003

--- R Balaji <balaji_raman7_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Iam going to install redhat linux 8.0 in my system.
>
> Currently I have 7.3 which occupies more space in
> error logs.

Backup your log files and then delete the log files in
/var/log/. Also, you may want to find out why the log
files are so large. Do you have problems with your
system or is it simply that you have not rotated logs
in a long time. If lack of disk space is your main
reason for upgrading then simply clean up the logs.

-Akbar